At all of my parties I like to provide guests with a sweet treat even if it is only a small bite. At my half birthday — besides filling bowls with M&Ms which is signature to all my events — I will make one refreshing dessert: white chocolate and lime cheesecake bars.
Instead of cutting the bars into squares, I'll use a cookie cutter to cut out circles making mini cheesecakes. To emphasis the half theme, I will cut the circles in half and serve mini half cheesecakes! For the recipe, read more.
7 ounces high-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt), chopped, plus white chocolate curls (optional garnish)
27 chocolate sandwich cookies (about 11 ounces)
2-4 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup chilled whipping cream
1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoon finely grated lime peel
Lime slices or lime twists (for garnish)
- Line 8x8x2-inch square baking pan with foil, extending over all sides.
- Stir chopped white chocolate in small metal bowl set over saucepan of barely simmering water until melted and smooth. Remove bowl from over water.
- Finely grind cookies in processor. Add 2 tablespoons melted white chocolate and 2 tablespoons melted butter blend until mixture clumps together, adding more melted butter as necessary to create a crust that will hold together.
- Firmly press mixture onto bottom of prepared pan. Chill while making filling.
- Beat whipping cream in medium bowl until peaks form. Beat cream cheese, sugar, lime juice, and lime peel in large bowl until smooth.
- Beat in remaining melted white chocolate. Fold in whipped cream in 2 additions; spread over prepared crust.
- Chill until filling is slightly firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using foil as aid, lift cheesecake out of pan. Cut into 9 bars. Garnish with chocolate curls, if desired, and lime slices or twists.
- Cheesecake, Desserts
- North American