The Olympics start this Friday, so naturally this week, I'm planning an Olympics viewing party! You can host this party while watching the opening ceremony, or invite friends to enjoy your favorite sporting event. After checking the online schedule of the games to determine the date of your viewing, send invitations. These festive postcard invites are simple to make, to learn how it's done,
To make similar invitations you will need the following supplies:
- colored cardstock
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word. Insert a circle and copy it four times so you have five circles. Arrange in the staggered pattern of the Olympics symbol. Change the color of each to coordinate with the symbol: blue, yellow, black, green, and red. Underneath the circles, write out "Let the Games Begin!" Print out on plain paper and set aside.
- Open another new document. Write out the details of the party and center to the left of the page. For my message I used the font Baskerville Semibold in size 12 to write the following text:
Please join me in celebrating
The 2008 Olympic Games
At a Gymnastics Viewing Party
Sunday August 10, 2008
The competition starts at 6:30.
La Casa de Party, San Francisco
Print on plain white paper and check for grammar or spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the wording, print on the colored cardstock.
- Cut down to the size and shape of a postcard.
- Cut out the Olympic symbol. Glue to the back of the postcard.
- Write the guest's address next to the text, stamp, and send.