The Oscars are less than a week away and while the stars are busy deciding what gowns to wear, I'm busy planning my annual Oscars viewing party. Watching the Oscars is super fun, especially if you are surrounded by a group of friends and platters of delicious food. All week I'll be featuring ideas to help you host an Oscars watching party at your home. As always let's start with the invitation. To see how I made the golden invite shown here read more.
To make an invite similar to the one seen here you will need the following supplies:
- gold cardstock
- gold paper
- image or silhouette of an Oscar
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new Microsoft word document. Drag the Oscar image or silhouette into the document. Write the party details in a fun font. For mine I used Matura MT Script Capitals in size 16 to write the following message:
Miss PartySugar and
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences
invite you to join them for an evening of glitz and glamour at
The 80th annual Academy Awards
The 24th day of February 2008
Four o’clock in the afternoon
PartySugar’s House, San Francisco
Regrets only 415.555.5555
Star Worthy Attire Requested
Print out on a plain piece of paper and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Once statisfied with the look of the text, print out on the cardstock.
- Cut down to size and set aside.
- Using the glue cover the entire envelope with gold paper.
- Slide the invite into envelope, address with your best handwriting, and send.