When hosting a pool party, stock up on plenty of ice and water to ensure that guests stay hydrated. For easy access, place coolers around your backyard and fill with refreshments.
Since beer bottles inevitably get broken at any party, purchase beer cans and plastic bottles. Barefoot guests won't have to worry about stepping on glass shards.
Offer one fresh-fruit cocktail. This recipe for pineapple mango rum cocktails is cool and delicious. To learn how to make it,
- 2 1/2 small ripe mangoes, peeled and cubed (about 2 cups), plus 1/2 mango cut into slices with skin, for garnish
- 4 ounces best-quality golden rum
- 4 cups fresh pineapple juice (from a 4 1/2-pound pineapple)
- Fresh tropical fruit, such as dragon fruit and star fruit, for garnish
- Puree mangoes, rum, and 1/2 cup water in a blender.
- Pour 2 ounces puree into each of six 12-ounce glasses.
- Fill glasses with ice, and top off with pineapple juice. Garnish with tropical fruit.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- North American