In order to prepare ourselves for the much-anticipated Sex and the City movie, Fab and I are hosting a SATC marathon in her new apartment. We're inviting our best gal pals and asking them to dress like their favorite character. After we've had our fill of appetizers and episodes, we're going out dancing. Before we can start planning, we've got to choose a date and send invitations. To see how I made the invites pictured here,
To make a similar invitation, you will need the following supplies:
- black cardstock
- image of New York City — I used a silhouette
- any fun images from the show — I used one of Carrie from the movie's poster
To assemble the invite:
- Start by creating a new document in Microsoft word. Drag the images into the document. For mine, I copied the New York City silhouette three times along the bottom of the invite. Next I added a pink and black diamond border. The Carrie image I centered to the left and I added in text boxes around the image. For the text I used the font Bodoni SvtyTwo ITC TT-BookItalic in Size 12 to write out the details:
Please join me in revisiting old friends and welcoming new spaces
Sex and the City Marathon @ FabSugar’s New Apartment
Late night dancing to follow.
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Regrets only 415.555.5555
Fabulous outfits inspired by Carrie, Samantha, Miranda, and Charlotte are encouraged!
Once you are happy with the text and format print on plain white paper. Check for spelling and grammatical errors. Print out.
- Cut the invite down to size. Glue to the black cardstock, and cut that down to size.
- Slide into an addressed envelope and send. Alternatively, you could send the invite as an email.