Instead of serving dessert separate at my tailgate, I plan to serve it with the rest of the menu. Guests can enjoy a bite of sweetness with their savory nibbles. The dip theme will continue with this delectable white chocolate mascarpone dip. Served with fresh fruit, it's decadent, but not heavy. To get this lovely recipe — that also makes a great after-school snack for little ones,
- 6 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 8-ounce marscapone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit, like strawberries, cheeries, peaches, and nectarines
- Melt 6 ounces chopped white chocolate with 1/2 cup whipping cream in a medium metal bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Remove the bowl from water and let the chocolate cool to room temperature.
- In another medium bowl, whisk 1/2 cup whipping cream, one 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until blended and smooth. Fold melted chocolate into mascarpone.
- Serve the dip with fresh fruit; strawberries and cherries are terrific with it, but peach and nectarine slices would also be fun.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups dip.
- Dips, Appetizers
- North American