This weekend my girlfriend is hosting a holiday sample sale for her jewelry line. After the sale, I've invited everyone over to my house for a tree-trimming party. The event will kick off the holiday season, so I want it to be festive and fabulous in everything from the invites to the specialty cocktail. Since many of you are probably hosting your own holiday soirée, take my ideas and convert them into your own party. I've already made and sent the invites. To learn how I created the one seen here,
To make a similar invite you will need the following supplies:
- image of a Christmas tree
- transparent paper
- red cardstock
- glittery red paper
- rhinestone brad
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word. Drag and drop the Christmas tree image into the document.
- Insert a text box next to the tree and write out the details of the party. I used the font Big Caslon in size 14 Bold to write this message:
Please join me for tree trimming, cocktails, and hors d'oeuvres to celebrate the season! Friday, December 5th, 2008 Party to follow the Robindira Unsworth holiday sample sale
PartySugar’s House, Petaluma, CA
Print out on plain paper and have someone look over it, checking for grammar and spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the look of the text, print on the transparent paper.
- Cut down to size and set aside.
- Glue the red sparkly paper to the cardstock and cut off any excess paper.
- Stick the rhinestone brad through the transparent paper on top of the Christmas tree. Jam through the sparkly cardstock to attach the two pieces. Close the brad.
- Cut the sparkly cardstock down to size. Slide into an envelope and send.