When I was little, one of the highlights of Summer was a day at the waterpark. This year I've decided to relive the memories by hosting a party at Waterworld USA in Concord, CA.
I'll invite a group of friends to join me for a day of fun at the aquatic park. Instead of eating at one of the park's overpriced restaurants, I'll pack a picnic of gourmet goodies.
Before I can plan the menu, I have to send the invitation. To see how I made these cool Popsicle-inspired invites, read more.
To make an invite similar to the one seen here you will need the following supplies:
- colored cardstock
- colored paper
- computer and printer
To assemble the invite:
- Create a new document in Microsoft Word. Insert a rectangular text box on the left-hand side of the page. Remove the line and fill from the text box and write out the details of the party. I used the font Bradley Hand ITC TT-Bold in size 12 to write this message:
To stay nice and cool
We’ll be in the pool . . .
Relive your childhood by joining me for a day at the waterpark!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Festivities start at Noon
Waterworld USA, Concord CA
Print out on plain white paper and check for grammar and spelling mistakes. Once satisfied with the look and feel of the invite, print out on colored paper.
- Cut out in the shape of a Popsicle.
- Mount onto the cardstock with the glue. Cut down to size.
- Cut out a long, thin stick and glue to the bottom of the Popsicle.
- If desired, cut a bite out of the corner of the Popsicle.
- Slide into an envelope and send.