So I know I already said that the food and drinks at a wedding are extremely important but the look (like invite) is what sets the entire mood and atmosphere of the event. How can you have magic or love in the air without a beautiful look? Bright colors are an excellent way to add an element of surprise as guests typically expect pastels and when paired with plain white linens the colors can really pop. Remember centerpieces don't always have to be floral: experiment with unconventional centerpieces such as shallow bowls filled with live fish, hollowed out tree trunks filled with fruit, or nests/wreaths overflowing with berries. Integrate elements of nature into the decor by using coral branches for a sunset beach or green moss to blanket bare soil of a potted centerpiece. Instead of having floral centerpieces wrap wedding favors in pretty paper and stack decoratively in the middle of the table. For the look of Julie's wedding (in black, white, and light blue with art deco accents),
My number one piece of advice to brides is to create a look that is original to you and your needs. You don't have to follow traditions, you can imagine a look that is unique to you and your groom to achieve the wedding of your dreams. With that said here are my suggestions for Julie:
- Wrap vases in white silk and dangle various sized chiffon ribbons from chairs.
- Use votives in different sizes and shapes and top the tablecloths with beaded runners.
- Fill fountains or any bodies of water with rose petals, floating flowers, or little candles.
- Add height by hanging things from the ceiling, glass crystals or chandeliers.
- Top each table with a different floral arrangement relating to the overall color scheme.
- Create angles by using square plates and rectangular napkins.
- For a stunning art deco inspired display that can greet guests upon arrival to the dining room, hang crystals as garlands from a silver tree.
- Chair covers are a must and black satin is chic and formal.
- Mirrors add depth and balance.
Got an idea for how Julie should decorate her wedding? Tell her below!