When hosting a welcome back party use the location where the guest of honor is returning as your inspiration. For example, I'm planning a welcome back party for my gal pal and the event will ooze all things San Francisco. To get the theme started I sent out watercolor map invitations, created a menu consisting of recipes by famed local chefs and will serve up sangria and clerico inspired by the wine country. San Francisco was the first city in the US to ban the use of plastic grocery bags, making it one of the most environmentally friendly cities in the nation. I'll take this as my cue and create a super easy eco chic incorporating shades of forest, olive, and key lime. To see how I'm making over my living room and patio, read more
- I'll start by getting shades of green fabric to make simple tablecloths.
- Raffia or bamboo table runners will adorn the tables and chic red vases will be filled with green flowers.
- Fresh herbs, potted plants, and budding flowers in soil will add aroma to the party space.
- White Christmas lights will be draped over the shrubs in my courtyard for when night falls.
- Simple soy votive candles will run along the length of the courtyard wall for a soft succulent glow.
- Menus will be printed in block letters on newspaper.
- A big Welcome Back sign will hang on the front door. I'll make it by cutting out the letters in red shiny cardboard and gluing them to cut-open brown paper bags.
- I'll run lights along my front porch so people will know where the party is.
- The appetizers will be arranged strategically around the rooms to ensure the flow of guests throughout the party. The sangria will be set on one table inside, the keg outside on the patio.
- The fountain will be turned on to provide a soothing sound.
- Red ribbons will tie together paper napkins and be tied to backs of chairs.
- I'll be heading to the farmer's market for more inspiration and will probably get some tomatoes to use as centerpieces.
Got an eco-stylish decor idea for my green welcome back party? Please share with me below!