- Add citrus. Mix softened butter with lime or lemon zest and spread on grilled corn. Squeeze with a lime or lemon wedge for extra tartness.
- Make an herb butter. Finely chop lots of herbs and mix with butter. Serve with grilled or boiled corn.
- Add cheese. Crumbly cheese like feta (which tastes good on corn with lots of black pepper) or finely grated hard cheese like parmesan and manchego work best.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, lemon pepper, or a spice blend, like Emeril's cajun spice mix, Essence. Even Italian seasoning is good.
- Offer it Mexican-style: slathered in mayonnaise, sprinkled with chile powder and crumbled queso fresco.
- Go spicy-sweet. Bobby Flay makes an amazing maple-chipotle butter, then he brushes it on corn — yum!
- Dream of cream. Drizzle with Mexican creama, sour cream, or mascarpone cheese.
How do you jazz up corn on the cob?
Source: Flickr User star5112