Did you know that granola is really easy to make? All you do is toss together a bunch of ingredients, stir, and bake. An hour later you'll have a healthy and delicious homemade breakfast or snack. It's so effortless that I've stopped buying granola at the store. Another thing that's great about making it yourself is that you get to select the ingredients. Doesn't it always seem like there's one item in grocery store granola that you don't like? Not so with homemade granola. If you hate raisins, simply don't put them in! To check out the recipe I use — remember it's a guide, so just follow the proportions and substitute your favorite nuts and dried fruit — keep reading.
- 3 cups rolled oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 cup cashews
3/4 cup shredded sweet coconut
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut, and brown sugar.
- In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, oil, and salt. Combine both mixtures and pour onto 2 sheet pans.
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.
- Remove from oven and transfer into a large bowl. Add dried cranberries and mix until evenly distributed.
- Breakfast/Brunch, Granola
- North American
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.