OK, so this minty tipple isn't quite a gin version of the ever-popular mojito — it lacks the mojito's characteristic fizz and adds crisp cucumber to the mix — but take one sip, and you'll understand my comparison. Both are bright, light, refreshing, and perfect for cooling down on balmy Spring and Summer nights. Trust me, you'll want to drain every last drop from the glass.
- 5 cucumber slices, divided
- 2 sprigs of mint
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 1/2 ounces gin, such as Beefeater 24
- Add 3 slices of cucumber, the leaves from a sprig of mint, and the simple syrup to a cocktail shaker. Muddle. Add the lime juice, gin, and ice, and shake until chilled.
- Strain into an ice-filled old-fashioned glass. Spank the remaining sprig of mint before garnishing the cocktail with it and the remaining 2 slices of cucumber.
- Drinks, Cocktails
- 1 cocktail