This week's cupcake comes from TeamSugar member jordybee. She's created these black cherry-chocolate cupcakes that whip up in no time. Her secret is that she starts with a box of chocolate cake mix and adds a can of diet black-cherry soda to the mix. They're adorably festive and sound intriguing, too! To check out the recipe and make your own black cherry-chocolate cupcakes, read more.
From TeamSugar member jordybee
For those of you who don't have a lot of free time, this cupcake recipe will not only impress your guests, it's nearly effortless.
1 box of milk chocolate cake mix
1 can of diet black cherry soda (12 oz)
1 can of white whipped frosting
2 medium sized candycanes
Holiday cupcake liners (optional)
*Makes 2 dozen cupcakes*
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Pour cake mix and soda into mixing bowl
3. Stir by hand with spoon or whisk until mixture is consistent
4. Fill cupcake liners 1/2 way full
5. Bake for 9-14 minutes until cupcakes appear to be dry on top
6. Let cupcakes cool for 10-20 mins
7. Unwrap candycanes and place in small baggy
8. Use spoon to mash up candycanes into tiny pieces
9. Frost cupcakes and sprinkle candycane bits on top
10. Place in fridge to keep moisture (optional)
As an added bonus, these cupcakes are half the calories/fat of regular cupcakes. However, they are soooo delicious, people tend to eat more of them. I did a taste test on all my male coworkers and they favored the ones made with diet soda vs traditional ingredients!