I'm going a little party-crazy this week in preparation for the huge Halloween bash I'm hosting on Saturday. While I'll be using lots of orange Christmas lights in my decor, candles will also play a huge role in creating a spooky look. Better yet, I've decorated long white taper candles to appear as if they are dripping with blood!
To make these candles, you will need:
- white taper candles
- one large red candle
- old empty bottles
- old newspaper
- matches or a lighter
- Start by creating a work surface. Cover a table with newspaper.
- Place the empty bottles on the newspaper and stick the white candles inside the bottles.
- Light the red candle and wait a minute for some wax to form.
- Gently and carefully pour the red wax onto the white candle, letting it drip and fall.
- Repeat with the process on all of the candles until each one is covered in dripping blood. Set aside to dry.
- Use to decorate your Halloween party!