Last year, as part of my Thanksgiving table setting, I created a hanging decoration of glittery falling leaves. The leaves hung from the chandelier above the dining table.
It made for a rustic, yet glamorous, addition to the look of my Thanksgiving table. To see how I made this simple yet stunning decoration,
You will need the following supplies:
- rubber cement glue
- a safety pin
- clear string or fishing wire
Here's what you do:
- Several weeks before Thanksgiving, go on a walk to collect fallen leaves. Set aside on layers of paper towels to dry in a cool, dark spot.
- Purchase glitter from your local craft supply store. I used gold, bronze, rose, and champagne colored glitter on my leaves.
- With the sharp side of a safety pin carefully poke a hole in the leaves stem.
- String the fishing wire or clear string through the whole and tie a knot. Leave a large piece of slack so you can easily hang the leaves.
- Cover your workspace with old newspaper. Brush one side of the leaves with rubber cement. Pour glitter on and shake off the excess. Set aside to let dry over night.
- Hang from a chandelier, ceiling, or doorway at various heights to simulate falling leaves.