For those of you who can't get to Dosa, but want to impress your friends with this drink (and mixology skills!) check out the recipe — there's also a video of Danny making it so
1 1/2 oz. gin (recommended: Right gin)
1 oz. Hibiscus Masala Nectar (recipe below)
3/4 oz. sweetened coconut milk
1/2 oz. fresh lime juice
2 drops orange flower water
1 kaffir lime leaf
1 bird's eye chili
lime zest, for garnish
- Dry muddle Kaffir lime leaf and birds eye chili in a shaker tin.
- Add all ingredients and ice.
- Shake vigorously and double strain into a chilled champagne flute, neat.
- Garnish with the fine zest of lime.
Makes 1 drink.
Hibiscus Masala Nectar
1 tsp black peppercorn
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
1 tsp mustard seed
3 bird's eye chili
2 cups water
8 whole hibiscus
1 cup turbinado or raw sugar
- Grind the first five ingredients in a spice mill. Then place in a small pan. Toast over low heat until fragrant.
- Add 2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add sugar and hibiscus and simmer for 15 min.
- Cocktails, Drinks