2 cups 2 percent reduced-fat milk
3/4 cup nonfat dry milk
1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
1/2 cup sugar, divided
4 large egg yolks
Dash of salt
Get more recipes at MyRecipes.com 
- Combine the first 3 ingredients in a medium saucepan. Heat mixture over medium heat to 180°F or until tiny bubbles form around edge (do not boil), stirring occasionally.
- Remove milk mixture from heat. Cover and steep 30 minutes.
- Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into milk mixture; reserve bean for another use.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup sugar, egg yolks, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring well with a whisk.
- Gradually add milk mixture to egg yolk mixture, stirring constantly with a whisk. Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl; discard solids.
- Divide the mixture evenly among 4 (4-ounce) ramekins, custard cups, or shallow baking dishes. Place ramekins in a 13-x-9-inch baking pan; add hot water to pan to a depth of 1 inch.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes or until center barely moves when ramekin is touched. Remove ramekins from the pan; cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Sift 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over each custard. Holding a kitchen blow torch about 2 inches from the top of each custard, heat the sugar, moving the torch back and forth, until sugar is completely melted and caramelized (about 1 minute). Serve crème brûlée immediately or within 1 hour. If you don't have a kitchen blow torch, you can make the sugar topping on the stovetop. Place 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon water in a small, heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 to 8 minutes or until golden. (Resist the urge to stir, since doing so may cause the sugar to crystallize.) Immediately pour the sugar mixture evenly over cold custards, spreading to form a thin layer.
Serves 4 (serving size: 1 crème brûlée).
Nutritional Information: CALORIES 262(26% from fat); FAT 7.5g (sat 3.1g,mono 2.6g,poly 0.8g); PROTEIN 11g; CHOLESTEROL 224mg; CALCIUM 328mg; SODIUM 177mg; FIBER 0.0g; IRON 0.7mg; CARBOHYDRATE 37.8g
Like the recipe above? Try out some of these other ones:
— 10 Cool and Creamy Desserts Under 300 Calories 
— Entertaining Menus and Party Ideas 
— Eat Smart at CookingLight.com 
— Get More Dessert Recipes 
- Puddings/Mousse, Desserts