As much as I love a creamy decadent bowl of ice cream, there is a time and a place for sorbet. There is no milk or cream, making it an awesome dessert for those who are lactose intolerant. This tasty alternative is just as cool and twice as fruity. Made with my favorite stone fruit, the juicy ripe red plum (peaches were my fav last week), it has a decadent, deep color. No ice cream maker is necessary for this treat, but you will need a food processor to blitz everything efficiently. Serve alone or sandwiched between 2 cookies for a satisfying finish to a hot day. You'll see the recipe if you
4 Tbsp grape juice
2 pounds ripe red plums
4 Tbsp water
6 Tbsp granulated sugar
- Cut plums in half and remove pits.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat combine plums, sugar and water. Stir until sugar is melted, then cover and simmer gently for about 5 minutes until plums are soft.
- Transfer fruit mixture into a food processor and puree until smooth. Stir in red grape juice and cool completely.
- Transfer into a freezer container and freeze until firm.
- Spoon frozen fruit mixture into food processor and puree until smooth.
- Return to freezer container and freeze once again until solid. Remove from freezer and allow to soften slightly and serve.