2 cups watermelon puree (roughly 1/4 medium size seedless watermelon)
1/4 cup lime juice (roughly 1 large lime)
3 ounces tequila
1 ounce cointreau
2/3 cup sugar
- Chop the watermelon into small pieces. Using a Cuisinart, puree the watermelon. Place the puree in a large mixing bowl.
- Add lime juice and sugar to watermelon puree. Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Add tequila and cointreau and stir well.
- Fill popsicle molds or Dixie cups. If using a dixie cup, cut small squares of tinfoil to cover the top of each of the cups.
- Use a sharp small knife and cut small slits in the tops of the tinfoil to insert the popsicle stick.
- Place the Dixie cups in a flat bottomed container. Place the popsicles in the freezer and wait patiently until frozen.
Makes 10 3-ounce popsicles.
- Desserts, Frozen