After putting together an entire Thanksgiving meal, there's nothing more appealing than a quick simple chicken and pasta dinner. However, uncomplicated and hassle-free shouldn't mean bland and boring. This recipe combines six ingredients to make a innovative and delicious dish. With layers of ricotta cheese, large flat noodles, and seared chicken, it's kind of like a deconstructed lasagna. Don't leave out the olives because they add a punch of salty flavor. Are you intrigued by the sound of this updated chicken and pasta? Then check out the recipe and
- 8 no-boil (oven ready) lasagna noodles
- 1 Meyer lemon or lemon
- 4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, halved crosswise
- 1 cup garlic-stuffed or pitted green olives
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- Fresh rosemary (optional)
- In Dutch oven bring 3 inches water to boiling. Add noodles and 1 teaspoon olive oil. Cover. Cook 6 minutes or until tender; drain. Lay noodles in single layer on waxed paper. Cover; set aside.
- Meanwhile, shred peel from lemon; halve lemon. Juice 1 half, cut remaining into wedges.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and 1/2 of lemon peel. In skillet heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook 10 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. Add olives; heat through. Remove from heat.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine ricotta, the lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook on 100 percent power (high) for 30 seconds stirring once.
- Spoon ricotta mixture into bowls. Top with noodles, chicken, and olive mixture, remaining lemon peel, and the fresh rosemary. Pass lemon wedges.
- Poultry, Main Dishes