Sometimes the simplest of dishes can be the most rewarding. Take this quick pizza with classic Greek flavors.
The cooking technique is far from complex and the ingredients are nothing out of the ordinary, yet the resulting dish is comforting, cheesy, and divine.
Feel free to get creative with the toppings — roasted red peppers or Parmesan cheese would be great additions. For the recipe, please
- 1 (12- to 14-inch) pizza crust, freshly made or commercial
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 10 to 15 thinly sliced red onion rings, or to taste
- 1 1/2 cups shredded low fat, regular or soy mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup chopped or sliced pitted black Greek kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Prebake the fresh pizza crust if using, for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the oven, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Spread the sauce on the crust. Sprinkle the pizza with the oregano, arrange the onion rings on the sauce and top with the mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle the feta cheese, tomatoes and olives over the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Remove from the oven, and serve.
- Main Dishes, Pizza