Although the title is a mouthful, these chicken breasts are super easy to put together. There's no marinating involved, so you can make the chicken at the last minute, even on a weeknight. In the recipe, plain chicken breasts are grilled and once they're cooked, they get doused in a mixture of herbs, citrus juice, and oil.
That's where the fun comes in: use whatever herbs and citrus you want! When I recently made it, I used lemon juice and parsley, but the possibilities are endless. Orange juice and tarragon, lime juice and cilantro, lemon juice and basil, even grapefruit juice and rosemary would work! Want to experiment with citrus and herbs? Read on for the technique.
- 1/4 cup fresh citrus juice (lemon juice, lime juice, orange juice, grapefruit juice)
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh herbs (parsley, oregano, basil, cilantro, rosemary, mint, tarragon, etc.)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons kosher salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1/3 cup olive oil
8 chicken breasts (skinless boneless or with skin and bones — whatever kind you prefer)
- Whisk together citrus juice, herbs, garlic, 1/2 tablespoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large bowl and add oil in a slow stream, whisking.
- Generously season the chicken breasts, on both sides, with salt and black pepper.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill. When you can hold your hand 5 inches above rack for 3 to 4 seconds, sear chicken breasts (in batches if you have to) over coals or high heat, uncovered, turning once, until well browned, 6 to 8 minutes total, then transfer as cooked to tray. Put all browned chicken breasts on side of grill with no coals underneath or indirect heat and cook, covered with lid, turning occasionally, until just cooked through (the meat, when opened slightly, will be moist but no longer pink), 12 to 15 minutes more.
- Transfer breasts to bowl with citrus herb dressing and turn to coat, then transfer to platter and enjoy.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.