This recipe proves that sometimes the simplest of preparations are the most delicious. There's no exotic ingredients or special techniques. The shrimp is generously brushed with a mixture of olive oil, herbs, garlic, chile flakes, and lemon zest.
They're placed on the grill for a couple of minutes until they're pink. Once they're cool enough to handle, start peeling. These shrimp go like hot cakes! Serve as an appetizer or an entrée alongside a large salad. You've got to make these shrimp, so get the recipe now.
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
16 jumbo shrimp, shell on, butterflied from underneath
- Set up the outdoor grill for direct-heat cooking over high heat.
- Mix the olive oil with the dried and fresh oregano, red pepper flakes, parsley, lemon zest, garlic, and some sea salt and cracked black pepper.
- Brush the shrimp generously with the oil mixture.
- Place the shrimp, shell side down, on the grill and cook for 3 minutes, then turn over and cook for another 30 seconds until just opaque.
- Remove from the grill, brush the remaining oil mixture over the shrimp, and serve.
- Main Dishes, Shellfish
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern