In the heat of Summer, I usually crave a fresh and light meal that's simple to prepare. This one combines chicken, feta, and zucchini for a tasty dinner that takes under an hour to make. If you're looking for a healthy way to spruce up a basic chicken breast, this is a great dish to whip up. I recommend serving it on a bed of whole wheat pasta, or on a mixed green salad with a simple balsamic dressing. For the fit-friendly recipe, read more.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
2 medium zucchini
1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
1/3 cup (about 2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- Heat oven to 400°. Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a roasting pan. Remove the zest from the lemon in thin strips; set aside. Thinly slice the lemon. Place half the slices in the pan.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry with paper towels. Place it on top of the lemon slices and season with 1/8 teaspoon of the salt.
- Slice each zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice each half into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons. In a bowl, combine the zucchini, parsley, pepper, and the remaining oil, lemon slices, and salt; toss. Spread the zucchini mixture around the chicken and sprinkle the Feta over the top.
- Roast until the chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer it to a cutting board and cut each piece into thirds. Divide the chicken, zucchini mixture, and lemons among individual plates and sprinkle with the zest.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.