This week, I'm helping my friends Alex and Ryan plan the ultimate Super Bowl party. While these bachelors aren't new to partying, they are novice hosts. They'll keep it casual and fun, but with the help of some easy homemade dishes, kick things up a notch.
It took some convincing, but they've agreed to give this peanut butter cup recipe a try. It's a super easy dessert that requires nothing more than a knife, cutting board, microwave, bowls, and spoon. They'll borrow my 12-cup mini-muffin pan. To check out the recipe — seriously it's virtually flawless —
4 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
12 ounces semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped
- Line two 12-cup mini muffin pans with paper liners; set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and peanut butter. Microwave, until almost melted, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, stirring halfway through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place semisweet chocolate in another microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, stirring once or twice, until almost melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Dividing evenly, use a spoon to layer semisweet chocolate and peanut-butter mixture into liners, beginning and ending with chocolate; sprinkle with peanuts.
- Place muffin pans in freezer until peanut butter cups are firm, about 15 minutes. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- Desserts, Candy
- North American