- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh lemon zest
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb purple cabbage, thinly sliced (4 cups)
- 2 carrots, cut into julienne strips or coarsely grated
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced diagonally (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Chop all of the vegetables or use your food processor. Whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, zest, lemon juice, sugar, water, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cabbage, carrots, scallions, and parsley and toss well. Chill, covered, 1 hour to allow flavors to develop. Season with salt and pepper.
- Vegetables, Salads