2 tsp salt-free lemon and pepper seasoning (McCormick)
2 1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
4 shoulder lamb chops, 3⁄4 in. thick
2 tsp olive oil
1 can (15.5 oz) chickpeas, rinsed
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with sweet onion
1 cup water
1 box (5.8 oz) roasted garlic & olive oil couscous mix
2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Mix lemon pepper seasoning and 2 tsp ground cumin in small cup; rub on both sides of lamb chops.
- Heat oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chops 3 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile, heat chickpeas, tomatoes, water, couscous spice packet and remaining 1⁄2 tsp cumin in 2-qt saucepan until boiling. Stir in couscous, cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes; stir in mint.
- Serve the chops along side the couscous.
- Main Dishes, Lamb
- Mediterranean/Middle Eastern