- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2 16-ounce can refried (or black) beans
- 1 10-ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 2 to 4 eggs (1 to 2 per person)
- pinch of salt (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 300º F.
- Stack the tortillas, wrap them in foil, and put them in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the beans until simmering (or cook them in the microwave until hot, about 3 minutes).
- Meanwhile, in a medium skillet, heat the enchilada sauce until simmering. With a spoon, create a well in the sauce for each egg. Crack an egg and nestle it in the sauce; repeat. Cover the pan for 5 minutes for soft yolks or 7 minutes for firmer ones.
- To serve, place 2 tortillas on each plate, then spread them with a generous layer of beans. With a spoon, gently place the eggs on top of the beans. Ladle more enchilada sauce over the top. Optional additional toppings: chopped scallions, salsa, sour cream, grated Cheddar, guacamole.
- Main Dishes, Eggs