- 6 pounds dark, sweet cherries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/4 cups brandy
- Wash and pit the cherries. Combine the sugar, water, lemon juice, and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low. Add the cherries and simmer for five minutes.
- Remove from the heat, remove the cinnamon sticks, and stir in the brandy.
- Transfer the cherries to a jar and refrigerate for up to two weeks.
Makes six pints.
- Other, Condiments/Sauces