Her seasonal snack idea, after the jump.
1 small loaf rustic baguette
2 garlic cloves
8-ounce tub burrata cheese, two balls
Up to 2 tablespoons light olive oil, to taste
Grapefruit, lemon, and orange zest
Up to 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- Warm light olive oil almost to boiling, then turn off the heat and add citrus zest. Let steep for about an hour or until cooled. Then drain and refrigerate whatever you don't use. Note: this could be done a day ahead or you could substitute with store-bought citrus-infused oil.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice the bread into 12 1/4-inch thick slices and toast on the grill until golden brown on both sides to make crostini.
- While the bread is still hot from the grill, rub one side with the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Top each crostini with a scoop of the burrata cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey.
- Appetizers, Crostini
Have you come across any — or come up with your own! — divine recipes lately? If so, be sure to post them to Kitchen Goddess. It's easy to upload your photos and a description of the experience, and it could be featured on YumSugar! If you're new to the YumSugar Community, here's a detailed guide on posting to groups.