YumSugar member tsharp25 is really loving burrata cheese right now, and shares one of her favorite ways to enjoy it in our Kitchen Goddess cooking group.
When I ran across a photo of a burrata and honey bruschetta, I just had to have it! At the time, I had never heard of burrata cheese, which is similar to a soft mozzarella with a super creamy center. Now, I see it on menus everywhere — from pizzas to appetizers. It has a mild flavor that pairs perfectly with the sweet honey and citrus-infused olive oil. And don't forget the bread! I used a chewy and crunchy baguette from Trader Joe's, and it made a world of difference. If you want the cheese melted, either top the slices with it while still on the grill, or put the finished crostinis in a warm oven. Be sure to make enough, because it's addicting!
Her seasonal snack idea, after the jump.
- 1 small loaf rustic baguette
2 garlic cloves
8-ounce tub burrata cheese, two balls
Up to 2 tablespoons light olive oil, to taste
Grapefruit, lemon, and orange zest
Up to 2 tablespoons honey, to taste
- Warm light olive oil almost to boiling, then turn off the heat and add citrus zest. Let steep for about an hour or until cooled. Then drain and refrigerate whatever you don't use. Note: this could be done a day ahead or you could substitute with store-bought citrus-infused oil.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice the bread into 12 1/4-inch thick slices and toast on the grill until golden brown on both sides to make crostini.
- While the bread is still hot from the grill, rub one side with the garlic cloves and set aside.
- Top each crostini with a scoop of the burrata cheese.
- Drizzle with olive oil and honey.
- Appetizers, Crostini
Have you come across any — or come up with your own! — divine recipes lately? If so, be sure to post them to Kitchen Goddess. It's easy to upload your photos and a description of the experience, and it could be featured on YumSugar! If you're new to the YumSugar Community, here's a detailed guide on posting to groups.
POPSUGAR, the #1
independent media and technology company for women. Where more than 75 million women go for
original, inspirational content that feeds their passions and interests.