If you've got the mid-week blues, why not cheer yourself up by making a crisp and cheesy pizza for dinner? Taking some time out of the day to put together a meal is a great way to unwind, and this recipe is straightforward and effortless.
All you have to do is crumble and cook a couple of links of Italian sausage. Combine this with sautéed arugula, red onion, and red pepper, and throw the mixture on a pizza dough slathered with ricotta cheese and bake. In just eight short minutes you'll be enjoying a piping hot, comforting slice of pizza. Get the method when you
- 8 oz bulk sweet or hot Italian sausage
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups baby arugula (about 3 oz)
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1 large prebaked thin pizza crust
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Brown sausage in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Drain off most of fat.
- Add red onion and arugula, sauté 2 minutes or until arugula is wilted, then stir in roasted red pepper strips. Spread crust with 1⁄2 cup ricotta; top with sausage mixture.
- Dollop with remaining ricotta; sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake directly on oven rack 8 minutes.
- Main Dishes, Pizza