How much do we love smoothies? Let us count the ways. Smoothies are already easy and fast to make but by using tasty and versatile ingredients found in your freezer section (like berries!) you'll get even more flexibility without compromising taste or nutrition. Time to break out the blender — get your daily dose of fruity nutrition with this roundup of smoothie ideas using our favorite frozen foods!
- Monday Morning Detox: Blend ½ cup frozen blueberries, ¼ cup unsweetened cranberry juice, and 1-2 bananas.
- Berry Good Tuesday: Blend 1 container of Raspberry Greek frozen yogurt, 1 small ripe banana, cut into pieces, ¼ cup low-fat milk, and ¼ cup frozen unsweetened mixed berries.
- Hump Day Lemon-Aid: Blend 1 cup frozen blueberries, ½ cup fat-free milk, honey, and 1 container lemon low-fat yogurt.
- Very Vegan Thursday: Blend 1 cup almond milk, 1 sliced ripe banana, 1 tablespoon coconut oil, 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds, 1 teaspoon powdered ginger, and 1 cup of your favorite frozen fruit medley.
- Fruit-Tea Friday: Blend 1 bottle iced tea, 2 cups frozen strawberries, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and 1 cup Fat-Free Vanilla Ice Cream.
- Superfood Saturday: Blend 1 ½ cups frozen blueberries, 1 cup almond milk, 2 Medjool dates (pitted), ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon raw cacao nibs or powder.
- Peachy Keen Sunday: Blend 1 cup frozen sliced peaches, 1 container of Vanilla Bean Greek Frozen yogurt, ¾ cup orange juice, and one tablespoon honey.