When mixed with fresh herbs and salty cheese, the artichoke hearts become a filling and flavorful stuffing that also seasons the chicken breast. A simple tomato salad rounds out the menu, creating a meal that is scrumptious and elegant enough for last-minute entertaining. To serve it to your family tonight, get the recipe.
1 6.5-ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
1 shallot, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
8 baguette slices, toasted (optional)
- Mix the artichokes, Parmesan, and 1 tablespoon of the thyme in a small bowl.
- Cut a 2-inch pocket in the thickest part of each chicken breast. Stuff a quarter of the artichoke mixture into each pocket.
- Rub the chicken breasts with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium. Grill the chicken, turning once, until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Mix the tomatoes, shallot, vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, and the remaining oil and thyme in a large bowl.
- Slice the chicken, if desired, and serve with the tomato salad and baguette slices, if using.
- Main Dishes, Poultry