1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 jalapeño, seeded and thinly sliced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 pound of ground beef
3/4 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 teaspoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon plus 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 head of red leaf lettuce
1/2 cup canned black beans, rinsed
3/4 cup cotija cheese, crumbled
3 radishes, thinly sliced
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 cup tortilla chips, crumbled
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large lime, juiced
3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the jalapeños and garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef, 3/4 teaspoon cumin, chili powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Stir to break up the ground beef and cook through, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Wash and dry the lettuce. Tear apart. Distribute to two large bowls. Evenly arrange the beans, cheese, radishes, green onions, tomatoes, and tortilla chips. Split the ground beef mixture between the two bowls.
- In another small bowl, combine 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and minced cilantro. Add the lime juice and olive oil. Whisk together.
- Pour dressing evenly over salads and toss together.
- Salads, Main Dishes
- Serves 2.