One can never have too many turkey burger recipes: they're simple, versatile, and crowd-pleasing. The secret ingredient in this variation is honey mustard. It not only flavors the patties, but when combined with mayonnaise, it makes for a creamy sauce that slathers the bun. Although the recipe tops the burgers with avocado and tomato slices, you could throw in a number of typical add-ons from caramelized red onions to Muenster cheese. Place this burger in your recipe collection when you
- 5 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- 1 lb. uncooked raw turkey
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tsp. honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 Tsp. olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 medium avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- For bread crumbs, in blender or food processor coarsely process one roll.
- In large bowl combine turkey, egg, 1 cup of the crumbs, 1 tablespoon of the mustard, and the salt and pepper. Shape turkey mixture into four patties.
- In extra-large nonstick skillet cook turkey patties in hot oil over medium heat for 12 minutes, turning once, or until no longer pink (165 degrees F).
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise and remaining 2 tablespoons mustard. Spread some sauce on remaining four rolls. Layer turkey patty, tomato, avocado, a dollop of sauce, and roll top.
- Main Dishes, Sandwiches
- North American