PopSugar has reported that the Friends gals, Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox (plus her adorable daughter), and Lisa Kudrow love eating out at Sunset Boulevard's hot spot Il Sole. Now, thanks to our fabulous friends over at Life & Style magazine, you and me can too! Il Sole is a cozy little Italian restaurant whose specialty is authentic contemporary cuisine, with an extensive wine list of bottles from Italy's top regions. You could make reservations for the next time you are in LA or you could make the same shrimp linguine that Jen and Courteney eat in the comfort of your own home. Pick up a bottle of Fiano at your local wine shop and you'll be eating like the stars in no time flat... for the recipe,
Il Sole's Shrimp Linguine
From Life & Style magazine
8 oz linguine pasta
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, sliced
4 oz shrimp, cleaned and halved
2 Roma tomatoes, diced
1 cup tomato sauce
1/2 cup white wine
salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to taste
- Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente.
- While the pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a small pan over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and cook for a minute, until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp, diced tomatoes, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir adding wine slowly. Simmer allowing the wine to evaporate several minutes.
- When the wine has evaporated carefully pour in the tomato sauce. Stir to combine and cook for a minute.
- Drain the pasta and add to the sauce in the pan cooking everything together for a minute.