Yesterday Tanya Steel, the award-winning editor in chief of Epicurious, was at the San Francisco Ferry Building. YumSugar and I took a walk down to meet with the Epicurious street team and check out the latest produce at the Tuesday morning market. On a green market tour to promote eating locally, Epicurious has created a bunch of special recipes that feature produce specific to each region. For some tips on how to eat locally and more pictures of Epicurious at the Ferry Building,
- Subscribe to a farm delivery. Fresh, in-season fruit and vegetables can easily be delivered to your door.
- Purchase fresh ingredients at farmers markets.
- Stop at roadside stands for peak season produce.
- Don't be afraid to ask growers for advice.
- Grow a garden! Nothing is more local than your own backyard.
How do you eat locally? Share your tips with us below!