MTV's new House of Style debuted over the weekend and with it a fun segment on hosting a dinner party. Since I'm always on the lookout for fabulous new ways to make my soirees more stylish, I tuned in. Fashion designer Erin Fetherston shared five tips for creating the ultimate dinner. While Fetherston obviously doesn't cook, her ideas are festive and fun. To find out what they are and check out a video of her dinner, read more.
- Choose your theme. Fetherston's is "Enchanted," a whimsical fairy tale.
- It can be simple — ask everyone to wear a fun hat.
- Design your decor. You know I'm all about creating a look for a party and I love how Fetherston uses rose petals and candles to transform her house from everyday to party day.
- Create homemade favors. I want to know how Fetherston made the sparkly animal masks!
- Select your menu. Well, of course it's a dinner party.
- Enjoy! This is my favorite tip. It's the most important thing to remember when throwing a party; if you're not having fun, don't host one.
What do you think of her tips? Do you feel inspired to host your own fantasy dinner?