On your way home from work this afternoon, pick up a rotisserie chicken and whole wheat tortillas. When you arrive, take some help from your pantry and make this delicious burrito for dinner. Filled with canned beans, yellow corn, barbecue sauce, and sour cream, it's hearty and scrumptious. This recipes also makes a great use of leftover barbecued chicken. To get your weekend started, serve with a cold beer, chips, and salsa. For the recipe,
- 1 2-pound roasted chicken, skin discarded, meat removed from bones and shredded (4 cups)
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed, or canned corn, drained
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 4 10-inch whole-wheat tortillas
- 2 limes, cut in wedges
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, barbecue sauce, beans, corn and sour cream; stir to combine. Cook until hot, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Assemble the wraps by placing a lettuce leaf in the center of each tortilla and topping with one-fourth of the chicken mixture; roll as you would a burrito.
- Slice in half diagonally and serve warm, with lime wedges.
NUTRITION INFORMATION: Per serving: 353 calories; 9 g fat (3 g sat, 3 g mono); 82 mg cholesterol; 40 g carbohydrate; 33 g protein; 5 g fiber; 579 mg sodium.
- Poultry, Main Dishes