Kick off your Super Bowl weekend tonight with pizza for dinner. Homemade pizzas are super fun because you can control the topping ingredients. Caramelized red onion and ribbons of roast beef are delicious when paired with crumbled blue cheese and sweet red pepper. If you dislike blue cheese, substitute a creamy goat cheese. To make a vegetarian version remove the beef and add thinly sliced mushrooms or black olives. Whatever you do, you'll need the recipe so please
1/2 of a medium red onion, cut into thin slivers
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 12-inch Italian bread shell (such as Boboli)
8 oz. thinly sliced cooked roast beef
1 small sweet red pepper, seeded and chopped
4 oz. crumbled blue cheese
1/4 tsp. pizza seasoning (optional)
- Position oven rack in center of oven. Preheat oven to 425F.
- In large skillet cook onion in 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium-high heat 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is just tender.
- Place bread shell on baking sheet; brush with remaining olive oil. Bake 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stack beef slices on cutting board; slice into strips.
- Top shell with beef, sweet pepper, onion, cheese, and pizza seasoning.
- Change oven setting to broil. Broil pizza 4 to 5 minutes or until toppings are heated through and crust is browned. Cut in wedges.