If BBQ gurus Pat and Gina Neely were to make a Mexican burrito, it would probably look a lot like this dish. The filling is a simple mixture of ground beef, onion, corn, and bottled barbecue sauce. Instead of a salsa or guacamole topping, a heaping spoonful of crunchy coleslaw is placed atop the meat.
Although cheese isn't on the ingredient list, a sprinkling of cheddar cheese is a welcome addition. To look at the recipe,
- 8 8-inch flour tortillas
- 12 oz. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 cup frozen or fresh whole corn kernels
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- 2 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
- Wrap tortillas tightly in foil; place on baking sheet. Heat in 350 degrees F oven 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, in large skillet cook beef and onion until beef is brown and onion is tender. Drain. Stir in corn and 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Cook and stir until heated through.
- To serve, spread one side of tortillas with some of the remaining barbecue sauce. Spoon about 1/2 cup filling on each tortilla. Add shredded cabbage mix. Roll to make wraps.
Makes 4 wraps.
- Main Dishes, Beef