If you're a fan of comforting chicken dishes, make this meal tonight. Chicken pot pie meets chicken and dumplings in this scrumptious recipe. With the help of packaged cornbread twists, the dish comes together simply and quickly. The recipe calls for two cups of frozen vegetables, but fresh asparagus, carrots, and onions would be equally delicious. To check out the recipe,
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground sage
- 12 oz. skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 14-oz. can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 11.5-oz. pkg. refrigerated cornbread twists
- 1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In resealable bag combine flour, sage, and 1/4 tsp. each salt and pepper.
- Cut chicken in bite-size pieces. Add to bag; coat.
- In skillet over medium-high heat stir and brown chicken in hot oil for 2 minutes.
- In colander, run cold water over vegetables. Add vegetables along with broth and milk to chicken. Bring to boiling; stir.
- Divide chicken-vegetable mixture among four small baking dishes.
- Separate corn bread strips; place four strips over chicken-vegetable mixture in each dish. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 9 to 10 minutes.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American