When a recipe calls for a canned sauce make the sauce your own by adding fresh herbs, savory spices, or grated cheese.
In this dish a refrigerated container of light Alfredo sauce is jazzed up with lemon zest and several grinds of black pepper. Served over seared chicken breasts and sautéed vegetables, it makes for a delicious and crowd pleasing meal. Sound scrumptious? Wait until you check out the recipe: read more.
4 small skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
Salt and pepper
8 oz. mushrooms, halved
1 Tbsp. olive or cooking oil
3 cups fresh broccoli florets
1 10-oz. container refrigerated light Alfredo pasta sauce
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. In large skillet brown chicken and mushrooms 4 minutes in hot oil, turning chicken halfway through.
- Meanwhile, shred 2 teaspoons lemon peel; set aside.
- Slice lemon.
- Add broccoli and lemon slices to skillet.
- Cover; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done (170 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer).
- Place chicken and vegetables on plates. Add Alfredo sauce to skillet; heat through.
- Serve with chicken. Add lemon peel and pepper.
- Main Dishes, Poultry
- North American