When you're in a pinch and need to make a meal quickly, turn to this simple recipe. It's a delicious and healthy chicken dish that's cooked in the microwave. The seasoned chicken is coated with a light parsley white wine sauce. After being zapped, it's surprisingly moist and tender.
When served on top of a bed of greens it makes the perfect light Summer meal. For the recipe,
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup white wine
3 strips lemon zest (each about 1 by 3 inches), thinly sliced crosswise, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon butter
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 8 ounces each)
Coarse salt and ground pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 bunches arugula (about 3/4 pound total), stems removed
8 to 12 radishes, trimmed, cut into wedges
- In a 3-quart microwave-safe dish with a lid, combine parsley, wine, zest, and butter.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; add to parsley mixture, and toss.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8 to 10 minutes, until chicken is opaque throughout, turning over once halfway through.
- Lift chicken from dish; thinly slice lengthwise. Discard pan juices.
- In a large bowl, whisk together lemon juice and oil; season with salt and pepper. Add arugula and radishes, and toss to combine.
- Divide salad among four plates; top with chicken. Serve immediately.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- North American