- 1/4 cup olive oil plus more for grill grates, for the chicken
- 1/4 cup white-wine vinegar, for chicken
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, for chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and coarsely chopped, for dressing
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves, for dressing
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, for dressing
- 1 tablespoon curry powder, preferably, for dressing
- 1 tablespoon white-wine vinegar, for for dressing
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for dressing
- Coarse salt and black pepper, for dressing
- 1 avocado, peeled, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges, for salad
- 1 large bunch watercress, tough stems removed (3 cups) , for salad
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion, for salad
- For the chicken: in a shallow pan large enough to hold chicken in a single layer, whisk together oil, vinegar, and mustard; add chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the dressing: in a blender combine mango, cilantro, mint, curry powder, and vinegar. Puree until smooth. With the motor running, add oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the grill to high; lightly oil the grates. Lift chicken from marinade and discard any remaining marinade. Grill until fully cooked and opaque throughout, 6 to 8 minutes per side.
- To serve: slice chicken crosswise. Arrange on a platter or four serving plates, along with avocado, watercress, and onion; serve the dressing on the side.
- Salads, Main Dishes