1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1 10-ounce box frozen peas and carrots
1 3- to 4-pound store-bought rotisserie chicken, meat shredded
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 refrigerated 9-inch piecrusts (from a 15-ounce package, such as Pillsbury)
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes. Add the flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
- Still stirring, slowly add the broth. Cook until thickened, about 3 minutes. Add the peas and carrots, chicken, salt, and pepper. Remove from heat.
- Cut each piecrust in half to form 4 half-circles. Spoon the chicken mixture over the bottom half of each half-circle, leaving a 1/2-inch border.
- Using your fingers, wet the border with water. Fold the top of each crust over the chicken to form a quarter-circle. Press to seal. Make three 1-inch slits in each top crust.
- Transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until golden, 15 to 18 minutes.
NUTRITION PER SERVING
CALORIES 696.66(46% from fat); FAT 35.48g (sat 8.14g); CHOLESTEROL 142.95mg; CALCIUM 61.27mg; CARBOHYDRATE 42.72g; SODIUM 680.21mg; PROTEIN 50.47mg; FIBER 3.33g; IRON 4.29mg
- Main Dishes, Poultry
- North American