Get your family excited about dinner with this hands-on meal. Have younger children help shred the chicken and older kids prep and chop the veggies. Then at the table, everyone can assemble a wrap to their own liking.
Don't be afraid to get creative with the filling; red peppers and mushrooms would be welcome additions. For this healthy, uncomplicated, and satisfying meal,
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (12 ounces)
- 1 large ripe tomato, cut into thin wedges
- 1 cup grated carrots (2 medium)
- 2/3 cup chopped scallions (1 bunch)
- 2/3 cup slivered fresh mint
- Whisk lemon juice, fish sauce, sugar, garlic and crushed red pepper in a small bowl until sugar is dissolved.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Wrap tortillas in foil and heat in the oven for 10 to 15 minutes, until softened and heated through. Keep warm.
- Combine lettuce, chicken, tomato, carrots, scallions and mint in a large bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing; toss to coat.
- Set out the chicken mixture, tortillas and the remaining dressing for diners to assemble wraps at the table. Serve immediately.
- Poultry, Main Dishes
- Other Asian