This delicious dish places thick slices of grilled steak on a bed tomatoes and avocados. Flavored with spicy chipotle peppers in adobo, it's kind of like a deconstructed fajita with no tortilla. The recipe is super simple and comes together in mere minutes. Served with a cold beer, it makes a superb start to the weekend! Get it now when you
- 2 6- to 8-oz. beef shoulder petite tenders, or 2 6- to 8-oz. beef ribeye steaks
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped plus 2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 3 medium (1 lb.) tomatoes, cut in thick slices
- 2 medium avocados, halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 of a small red onion, very thinly sliced (1/2 cup)
- Sprinkle steaks lightly with salt and pepper. Spread each with 1 teaspoon adobo sauce.
- For a charcoal grill, grill steaks on the rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals until desired doneness, turning once. Allow 10 to 12 minutes for medium rare (145°F) or 12 to 15 minutes for medium doneness (160°F). For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium. Place steaks on grill rack over heat. Cover; grill as above.
- Meanwhile, for dressing, in a screw-top jar combine the chopped pepper, olive oil, and vinegar. Shake to combine.
- Slice steaks and arrange on serving plates with tomatoes and avocado slices. Top with onion slices and drizzle with dressing.
- Main Dishes, Beef